Eliminating Condemning Emotions
Dear friend,
You have been on my heart a fair bit over the last week...and I've been wanting to encourage you. At the same time, I've also been struggling myself. The last few days, I've been feeling 'hammered' with guilt and condemnation and harassed by anxiety and fear. Not a single one of those things is of God. I know it. I know God is longing for me to trust in Him and what He declares about me - irrespective of my emotions or thoughts - and so here I am.
Contrary to what we often hear preached or believe ourselves, we actually don't need more faith to rise above the challenges you and I are facing. We have already been given "the measure" of faith, Beloved! What we do need, however, is to nourish and feed our faith. So here I am this morning, sitting at my desk at the Life-Gate Centre, listening to the Word, before the rest of the team arrive.
I intend to watch the second part of this sermon tomorrow morning, and post it on my blog also. I pray these words of encouragement feed and nourish your faith also!
With love, dear friend, Laur
You have been on my heart a fair bit over the last week...and I've been wanting to encourage you. At the same time, I've also been struggling myself. The last few days, I've been feeling 'hammered' with guilt and condemnation and harassed by anxiety and fear. Not a single one of those things is of God. I know it. I know God is longing for me to trust in Him and what He declares about me - irrespective of my emotions or thoughts - and so here I am.
Contrary to what we often hear preached or believe ourselves, we actually don't need more faith to rise above the challenges you and I are facing. We have already been given "the measure" of faith, Beloved! What we do need, however, is to nourish and feed our faith. So here I am this morning, sitting at my desk at the Life-Gate Centre, listening to the Word, before the rest of the team arrive.
I intend to watch the second part of this sermon tomorrow morning, and post it on my blog also. I pray these words of encouragement feed and nourish your faith also!
With love, dear friend, Laur

Comments