"He who tends a fig tree..."

God is good! ...I would just like to state that! ...It's 1:22am Saturday morning. I've just walked in the door from our Friday night youth outreach and I'm exhausted but encouraged and excited to see the evidences of our mighty Saviour-Warrior (Zeph 3:17) at work in hearts! One of the young girls we've been reaching out to since January - actually, our most antagonistic to the Gospel - just shared with me tonight that she's been listening to a bunch of podcasts from the evangelist who spoke at the outreach camp we took her to back in June (SYG...State Youth Games)! Wow! In fact, I discovered tonight that as soon as she got home from the camp she looked him up on the internet and listened again to his messages from the camp, and has since then listened to several others by him!!! Praise God!

What blesses me the most is knowing that behind the scenes, God is blessing and multiplying the little seeds we're faithfully sowing each week and using others to preach His Good News to her heart also. What an encouragement to see that as insignificant as my efforts may seem some weeks, and as slow as the progress may feel to me, my God is at work and He has promised that those who sow will reap a harvest! Our God is good, and oh so faithful to His promises! 

"He who tends a fig tree shall eat its fruit..." Prov 27:18

Never give up faithfully sowing seeds and patiently loving and witnessing to those around you - even if you can't see the new life beginning to take root in their hearts. Your Father in Heaven promises that you shall see fruit for your labours and all His promises have been accomplished already at Calvary, and are therefore 'yes' and 'amen' in Christ! They are your Certainties. Like Abraham, wax strong in faith by looking not at "what is seen" but by looking only, and continuously, at His promises!

Love Lau 

Comments

How exciting!!! I wish I could see that kind of response with the Aborigines around here. One day we all see, but until then back to work!!!

Popular Posts