I Am Delivered

"Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence."

~ Psalm 91:3, KJV ~

"Do you believe this?" God's question, to my heart, was so clear as I read this verse just now. The fact that I've been carrying my own cares and anxieties instead of casting them on Him as He instructs me to (1 Pet 5:7) proves to me that I haven't been believing this word. As I realised this, and re-read the verse, He spoke again: "This is My word to you." God, my Heavenly Father, promises to deliver me from snares and from the "noisome pestilence" (I love that phrase, because right now, all the demands on me seem very 'noisome'!) I can either remain in unbelief and be victim to the anxiety and stress that comes as a corollary, or I can believe and rest in His promise, which is in fact, already fulfilled in Jesus! I have already been delievered! Praise God!

"...we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: but we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us."

~ 2 Cor. 1:8b-10, KJV ~

Comments

Popular Posts