My 'Hood'
It was such a warm, sunny afternoon today that I decided to take Smudge for a walk in the park just around the corner from my place. It's a pretty little park, and there's often mums or dads playing with young children. Today, Smudgie had great fun running through grass that was, in places, taller than him, and jumping and frolicking as he loves to. I suppose a rabbit being walked on a leash is such a strange sight that several passerbys mistook him for a small dog, until they saw him hop!
While I was there, I was delighted to bump into two teenage guys - two of the many teenagers I've been getting to know this year through my Outreach ministry. It was so wonderful to see them, and be able to chat "off duty"!
As I was reading Hebrews just now and contemplating all God has called me to, I was filled with such thankfullness for those guys, and for each of the precious young people I've grown to love through my ministry. What a wonderful blessing to be getting to know each of them, to see them growing in their trust and increasingly opening up their lives to us. It was only this Friday just passed that one of those teenage guys actually allowed me to pray for him during our Friday night ministry time!
God has certainly grown and prospered our ministry this year (we're in regular contact with 35+ youths and are having increasingly deeper input into the hearts and lives of 15 or so of them!) and I am humbled to be part of His mission in reaching these young people!
While I was there, I was delighted to bump into two teenage guys - two of the many teenagers I've been getting to know this year through my Outreach ministry. It was so wonderful to see them, and be able to chat "off duty"!
As I was reading Hebrews just now and contemplating all God has called me to, I was filled with such thankfullness for those guys, and for each of the precious young people I've grown to love through my ministry. What a wonderful blessing to be getting to know each of them, to see them growing in their trust and increasingly opening up their lives to us. It was only this Friday just passed that one of those teenage guys actually allowed me to pray for him during our Friday night ministry time!
God has certainly grown and prospered our ministry this year (we're in regular contact with 35+ youths and are having increasingly deeper input into the hearts and lives of 15 or so of them!) and I am humbled to be part of His mission in reaching these young people!

Comments