!NEWS FLASH!
So much has happened lately!
After a couple of months of waiting on God for direction for next year, I finally made a decision a week-or-so ago about what I'll be doing! ...I believe God is leading me to serve full-time with Life-Gate (as a missionary!). At this stage, I've committed only to the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up serving there for a couple of years. For a long time I've felt that God was calling me to a new, more 'hands on,' season of training and equipping for whatever He's calling me to long-term, so I know that's one of His purposes for leading me to serve with Life-Gate.
For me, this was a big decision to make - mostly because I had been trying to making serving in Frankston and still attending church in Sunbury, going home for weekends and studying violin near home, 'work'. But it wasn't working and one morning while praying, God showed me that had He been calling me overseas, I would have left everything and willingly settled in the new community and sought to 'put down roots' there, making that place and seeing my life there as my ministry. But because He was calling me to a local mission field, I was trying to keep the familiar and comfortable 'old' life and make ministry fit around that. I surrendered and with that surrender came SUCH incredible peace!
And actually, although the thought of fully moving out of home is a tad scary, mostly it seems like a new, exciting adventure to me - I know it will mean a lot more responsibilities than I've ever had to worry about before, I know it won't be the romantic thing it is in my mind at present, but I'm still excited about the idea of growing up and spreading my wings just that little bit more!
So that's my biggest news! Thank you so much, dear friend, for all your prayer and for waiting with me as I waited on God!
After a couple of months of waiting on God for direction for next year, I finally made a decision a week-or-so ago about what I'll be doing! ...I believe God is leading me to serve full-time with Life-Gate (as a missionary!). At this stage, I've committed only to the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up serving there for a couple of years. For a long time I've felt that God was calling me to a new, more 'hands on,' season of training and equipping for whatever He's calling me to long-term, so I know that's one of His purposes for leading me to serve with Life-Gate.
For me, this was a big decision to make - mostly because I had been trying to making serving in Frankston and still attending church in Sunbury, going home for weekends and studying violin near home, 'work'. But it wasn't working and one morning while praying, God showed me that had He been calling me overseas, I would have left everything and willingly settled in the new community and sought to 'put down roots' there, making that place and seeing my life there as my ministry. But because He was calling me to a local mission field, I was trying to keep the familiar and comfortable 'old' life and make ministry fit around that. I surrendered and with that surrender came SUCH incredible peace!
And actually, although the thought of fully moving out of home is a tad scary, mostly it seems like a new, exciting adventure to me - I know it will mean a lot more responsibilities than I've ever had to worry about before, I know it won't be the romantic thing it is in my mind at present, but I'm still excited about the idea of growing up and spreading my wings just that little bit more!
So that's my biggest news! Thank you so much, dear friend, for all your prayer and for waiting with me as I waited on God!

Comments